John Madrid has over 30 years’ experience in applying Operations & Maintenance (O&M) best practices. His background includes both consulting and industry roles (from R&D/QA Technician to Ops. VP) and his experience spans a variety of industries including Manufacturing, Automotive, Distribution and Warehouse, Electronics, Aerospace, Pharm-Bio, Technology, Food & Beverage, Energy/Power, Mining, Oil & Gas, Real Estate, Design & Construction, and Business Processes/Enterprise/Service/Transactional. Over 40 successful O&M Continuous Improvements (CI) engagements in matrixed organizations leveraging lessons learned and best practices ranging from single site to multi-site in domestic and international regions with millions of dollars in impact including for private equity and fortune 500 companies. John’s success has been built by valuing principles to practice what he preaches and was fortunate to be mentored during the first 10 years of his career.
Prior to joining The ProAction Group, John was Senior Director – O&M Consulting and led the Lean Knowledge Community for a Fortune 500 engineering company. John served as a Lean trusted advisor for both internal business units and external clients and earned company awards:
- Pinion Award – For effectively influencing clients, guiding internal decisions, and delivering key project needs for successful contracts
- Step Change Leadership Award – For remarkable impact in driving client and internal step change while enhancing Company’s image in the marketplace
By incorporating Lean and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) methodologies from site assessments through implementation, John enabled companies to impact EBITA by reducing cost and increasing revenue; results at a tier 2 automotive manufacturer provided below:
- 90% WIP reduction
- 265% productivity improvement
- 30% headcount reduction (Utilized excess resources in other CI areas)
- Throughput improvement from days to hours
- Overtime reduced by over 80%
John holds a BS in Business Administration with emphasis in Operations Management from National University. He has professional certifications in Six Sigma Black Belt, Asset Performance (RCM & SCM) and has a training certification in Lean Management.